Saturday, May 10, 2008

Vote 2008

It begins.

Karnataka votes for some sort of government today. The first phase of polling was organised right next to my house and I went and voted and got something like gentian-violet solution dabbed on my forefinger. The man who was doing the dabbing seemed to fancy himself as some sort of Picasso and took his time with it, converting the index finger of my left hand into some sort of cuticular canvas. I came away feeling like Dorian Gray.

This thing, though, it's supposed to indelible ink. Atleast for a few days. My grandfather managed to wash it off right after he came home. He could have singlehandedly made the (partyName) win, going back repeatedly and casting his vote and washing the mark right off.

It was revealed later to me that, had I gone with a large group of unkempt people who were waiting a little way away from my house, I would have received 500 INR, sweets and other accoutrements, under the condition that I vote for a man who had been our local corporator. Damn, blast, dash it and other bloody things! Haste truly makes waste.

Currently reading(although nobody cares about this):- "Guards! Guards!" -- Terry Pratchett. He's a funny guy.

And speaking of funny guys, here's one of the funniest things I've come across in recent times:-

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The video is funny indeed!!!

Parisarapremi said...

ಅಂತೂ ಮಸಿ ಬಳ್ಕೊಂಡ್ ಬಂದಿದ್ದೀಯೆ.. ಗುಡ್ ಗುಡ್.. "ನಿಮ್ಮವರು" ಗೆಲ್ಲಲಿ..

ಒಳ್ಳೇ ಅದ್ವಾನಿ... ಚೆನ್ನಾಗಿದೆ.. ಖರ್ಗೆ ಕೈಲೂ ಮಾತಾಡ್ಸೀಪ್ಪಾ...

@ಸ್ವರೂಪ: ನಕ್ಬಿಡೋ ಮನಸಾರೇ... ಬಾಯೊಳಗೆ ಹಿಡಿದಿಟ್ಕೊಂಡ್ರೆ ಸ್ಫೋಟ ಆಗ್ಬಿಡುತ್ತೆ!! :-)

being purple... said...

Bastards at work blocked FB chat!

What :p!

Arjun Sharma said...

[anonymous] I know, isn't it?!

[Parisarapremi] "Nammavaru" geltaro ilvo kaadu nodbeku. Nimmavaru nammavare aagiddalli, eegle "Congratulations!" Ildiddre, "Thu, bari mosa."

Swaroop's restraint of explosion bagge en concern vyakta padsidira, padsi.

[being purple] Nothing much. Why'd they block Facebook chat? And how?

Anonymous said...

One notices you have become part of that brilliant video production group.

Keep up the good work!