Friday, April 04, 2008

Two much fun

It's been two years! Two complete, entire, wholesome years of very placid, lukewarm entertainment for...mainly myself. With a non-descript beginning, an utterly despicable middle period and a later period which has a few ones I myself am actually quite proud of, such as:-

The classics, revisited
Lagaan result upturned
Moon-like object is actually moon
Free and fair elections,

I have entertained about ten people(this includes me) and depressed four others(this also includes me) successively for twenty-four months. This is in no way an achievement. But I have undergone some interesting experiences in this period. I have drunk alcohol for the first time(September 2006 --> JK's birthday treat. My views on beer have undergone a vast change subsequently.), got drunk in Goa, been offered 'ladies massage' in the same place(I don't know why, but I declined), been embarrassed in marriage halls where I, for reasons yet unclear to me, agreed to play the flute with some mysterious 'band,' been employed gainfully, worked in the same place for the entire period(though the company has undergone a sea of changes in this interim. I've been under four different managers in nearly two years as a result of this, and will soon go to the team of a fifth. Surely, this must be some sort of a record and I will be called upon by the CEO and given various moneys and accoutrements?) and learned the value of going to work on time and leaving early, instead of getting there late and leaving late.

I have also met some nice people because of this mental-masturbation medium. Malaveeka, the Crapper, Amulya "the Thrush" Shruthi, Suhasini Rao, Tangled, the honourable Arun, Sandeep Sharma and Harish N Kumar.

Malaveeka:- I'm glad I met you. Despite the tremendous lows we keep undergoing. Let's face it, making mean jokes about people is fun and we do that very well.

Sandeep and Harish(especially):- Yes, I'm aware that we knew each other long before teh Internets hit our lives.

The other people:- These people have not always been assholes. They have been nice too, sometimes. Though they are yet to lend me money or return my books/DVDs, I think it's been a good thing, on the whole, having come to know them.

So let's leave aside curmudgeonly behaviour for the moment(but let us not also descend into the murky marshes of maudlin murmuring, or succumb to the seductive and sultry Siren of schmaltz) and state the truth:- it's been pretty nice.

Now go ahead and enjoy yourselves.

18 comments:

snippetsnscribbles said...

WOW! yeraDu blaag-bharita varshagaLu! shubhashayagaLu!

(oh, I suck at pure kannada!)

Anand Ramachandran's Evil Twin said...

Great show. Two years!!

Hopefully, in time, you'll be like the Times of India, entertaining hundreds of people (including myself) and depressing millions (including the cretins at TOI)!

In the words of Yahya Toure : "Fantast!"

Enjoy your writing immensely. Thanks for entertaining us.

Harish said...

I liked the alliteration at the end, I say. I LIKED it.
Antoo erDu varsha satatavaagi blog maaDe biTTe. MaaDi. Bhagavanthru oLLed maaDli.

Harish said...

I had thought I knew you before the inception of this blog too. Irli.

Arjun said...

[snippetsnscribbles] Thank you! No, the pure Kannada was pretty good, it didn't suck.

[anand ramachandran's evil twin] Thanks. High praise from the High Priest of humour. We are much indebted.

Indeed, I hope to be with a reach like the Times of India, achieving the insane ability to influence millions of people. The Times of India:- "Like Mohanlal, only slimmer."

[Harish] He he, yes, there's something about alliteration that makes us like it, isn't there? I mean, apart from the symmetry.

Houdu, two years of relentless rambling. Aa Bhagavantaranna yaaradru kaapadli. Bekadre nam SPB kaapadli.

[Harish] Yes, I did. It was a joke. You have taken this far too seriously and deeply to heart and are now acting like Mitty with hormone problems.

Anonymous said...

for your interest and analysis..

aamirkhan.com/blog

Parisarapremi said...

ಹುಟ್ಟುಹಬ್ಬದ ಟ್ರೀಟ್ ಎಲ್ಲಪ್ಪಾ? ಅಂತೂ "ಅರುಣ್" ಅನ್ನೋ ಹೆಸರಿನ ಪಕ್ಕದಲ್ಲಿ, "ಆನರಬ್ಲ್" ಅಂತ ನೋಡಿ ಸಂತೋಷ ಆಯ್ತು ನೋಡು.. "ಮೆಂಟಲ್ ಮಾಸ್ಟರ್ಬೇಷನ್" ಅಂತ ನೋಡಿದಾಗ ನನ್ನ ಹೆಸರಿನ ಪಕ್ಕ ಏನಿರುತ್ತೋ ರಾಮ್‍ರಾಮಾ ಅಂತ ಬೀಭತ್ಸನಾಗಿದ್ದೆ!!

ಗಂಭೀರವಾದ ವಿಚಾರಗಳನ್ನು ಹಾಸ್ಯಮಯವಾಗಿ ಬರೆಯುತ್ತ, ನಗಿಸುತ್ತ, ವೈಚಾರಿಕತೆಗೊಳಪಡಿಸುತ್ತೀಯ. ಕೆಲವು ಆರ್ಟಿಕಲ್‍ಗಳು ಅರ್ಥವೇ ಆಗಲ್ಲ ನನ್ನಂಥ ಪಾಮರನಿಗೆ ಎನ್ನುವುದು ಬೇರೇ ವಿಷಯ...

ನಿನ್ನ ಬ್ಲಾಗ್ ಓದೋಕೆ ಏನೋ ಖುಷಿ ಆಗುತ್ತೆ. ಹೀಗೇ ಬರೀತಾ ಇರು. ಆಲ್ ದಿ ಬೆಸ್ಟ್, ಗೆಳೆಯಾ... :-)

karthikd said...

Two years old-u. Third year running-u. Congratulations ivre.

In these two years, You have grown as a writer anbahudu.

Maadi.

Spunky Monkey said...

Much fun has been had while reading this blog. Most humorous.
Illi Karthik-avaru satyavaada maatu hELiddaare nODi. Prashamsaarha.

being purple... said...

Yes. Happy Burrday.

In other sundry noos, my boss is a f@*^#$* b@#$%^&.

Aaaj ke samachar yahin samapt hoo-ay.

swaroop said...

Antu kashta pattu ninnna beLsiddakku saarthaka aaitu. Ivattu nin kaal mele neenu nintu, blogs, ityaadi bareetidya andre nange kaNNalli neer baratte.

If not for RCU, BKN, PM, S Naganath and AdukoLi Bharti Narayan you would have never made it. I think your next post should pay tribute to these masters of English.

http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/birthday.htm

Harish said...

The title of the post reminded me of one of PTA School MJ's bad jokes. The 'three much' one if you remeber.

Arjun Sharma said...

[anonymous] Oh my God, I've read that blog and...well, I'll get to that some other time. Thanks for bringing it to my attention once again.

[parisarapremi] He he, "compulsive masturbator Arun" anta haaktini ankondiddra? Nim bagge ashtu personal details gottilla, bidi. Subba-nna keli tilkotini...thu asahya, idannella en keli tilkolodu?!

Bahala hoglidira. Kannadakke neevu sallisiro seve atyadbhuta. Ide gap-nalli ondu pustakavannu saha bidugade maadidira. Adakke holisidare ee baraha enu illa, bidi. Aadru naanu bareetane irtini. Ellrgu ursakke. Protsahakke thanks.

[Karthik D] Thanks-u. Shata grow aagidini...alla, adu grow aagide, ad bere vishaya.

[Spunky Monkey] Thanks. And may I say, I feel likewise. Nim blogs-indlu much fun has been had.

Now let's all go and hug and cry in mutual admiration.

[being purple] Thankyouverymuch.

He still hasn't changed from being a fucking bastard? (Get off the high horse and start swearing) And should you be calling him that on a public forum? Not that I am world famous and have a vast army of readers and he will surely come to know. But he could be a paranoid psychopath and keep tabs on your activites online and follow you to your blog and sites you visit and comments you make and all that.

[Swaroop] He he, kaNNallalde innelli neer barutto, namgella? Irli, adalla. Yes, I really should pay tribute to BK "I shall now nod my head for all eternity" Nirmala, RC "I shall scream like crazy for no readily apparent reason" Usha, P "I am Shreekrishna's grandmother and I pack those bananas for his lunch" Manjula, S "Cynical weirdo" Naganath and Adakoli "Hands on her ears" Bharati Narayan. They were great past masters. It is due to them that I stand where I stand in society.

[Harish] No, I don't remember that it was him that made that joke. It was quite unpopular even then, as I remember. Seems likely that all that was silly and smelled faintly of asbestos emerged from him.

Spunky Monkey said...

Adakoli Bharati Narayan! Oh, the memories.

Sandeep said...

I wish I could comment from Google reader. Much overdue compliments for completing the said two years and reminding me of the bananas. Wish you the best in your future endeavours.

Arjun Sharma said...

[Spunky Monkey] She taught your generation too? I thought we were the last to suffer the agony and the ecstasy. My God, she's old!

[Sandeep] Thanks-appa. It is due to the support of loyal bananas like those that you have become what you have become.

Malaveeka said...

Happy two, monkey!

I use exclamation points now. This is what happens when you hang out with north Indians.

Arjun said...

[Malaveeka] Thank you, monkey! You've been most supportive. I am grateful.

Wait, there are North Indians in Pune? They haven't been killed yet?