Monday, March 12, 2007

Oh God!

I received news recently that members of my family have begun reading the stuff I put up here. This should be cause for reasonable concern...for them. I mean, it must be pretty hard to reconcile the image of a quiet, rather retarded child who sat around at weddings and suchlike in a chair in the corner and rarely spoke to anybody with a person who writes about underwear, warts and suchlike and frequently uses cusswords and words like 'suchlike' and suchlike.

I am also led to believe the exact words 'he seems like a cool, interesting kid' were used. This puts pressure on me. Because I am not, nor have I ever been, a cool, interesting kid. So the next time I meet the person who was kind enough to use these words, I will be forced to not make jokes about hitting children or sterilizing dogs by mistake or underwear. Because cool, interesting kids don't do that.

I'm kidding. I'll do just that wherever I go. And I have conveyed my thanks to the person for saying that through my aunt. Who heads a long list of persons who think I need speech therapy. But I inherit that speech 'defect'(speaking too fast) from my father. He's so fast, we're already hearing what he's saying tomorrow.

That joke should about seal it for the cool and interesting bit.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

adikke ond nalak blog bisakkidu.
haaLaad IE.

but jai firefox.
my mother does not know that firefox is a browser, even.

*evil laugh*

- amulya

Harish said...

oLLe 'cool joke' to end the post. Remniscient of KrishRao kind of humour androo tappaagalla.

Arcane Crapper said...

Very dangerous, family checking blogs and suchlike. :D

tangled said...

I want to be cool and suchlike too. :'(

Even non-family members don't read my sad blog >:(

nivedita said...

Please. One more verycooljoke :

A panda walks into a restaurant, sits down, and orders a sandwich. He eats the sandwich, pulls out a gun, and shoots the waiter dead. As the panda stands up to go, the manager shouts, "Hey! Where are you going? You just shot my waiter, and you didn't even pay for your sandwich!"

"Hey, man, I'm a PANDA"

The manager opens his dictionary and reads:

Panda:

A tree-dwelling marsupial of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats shoots and leaves.

Malaveeka said...

Arjun talks fast but surely types lowly?

*slowly

:)

icyhighs said...

lol.the wart post.very funny.

Spunky Monkey said...

Being cool and interesting must be cool and interesting, no?
And suchlike is such a cool word.

Arjun Sharma said...

[Amulya]Parvagilla, gottadre gottagli, bidu. Avaga ond bhaya iratte, ee nan maga sariyilla anta.

[Harish] Houdu, olle class hasya!

[Arcane Crapper]Nah, my mother hasn't yet read some of the more 'choice' ones. I'm safe till then!

If you tell her, I will hunt you down and kill you.

[Tangled]Aww, but you are, you are!

You take back streets and all.

[Nivedita] That's "Eats, shoots and leaves," I think.

It's ok, you tried.

[Malaveeka] I do not. I am fast. Which is probably why I'm still involuntarily celibate. You know, that was a sad joke there.

'involuntarily celibate' -- there's an oxymoron, surely?

[icyhighs]Thank you.

[spunky monkey]I get high just thinking that word.

Bharathi said...

aha, family members reading your blog etc, tell tangled that i will read his/her/its blog if for no better reason than that i have exceeded my 15 minute slot at the cybercafe and will have to pay 10 bucks wether i sit here for 1 minut or 45 minutes more!