Tuesday, April 04, 2006

S(i)eminal work.

Fine, I've been employed by Siemens. They've asked me to join their ranks this July on. This doesn't mean unsavoury jokes of the following nature must be made:-

"Um, so, when are you starting your seminal work?"

"Google employees are called Googlers, Infosys employees are called Infosceans" (significant pause here) "what are you people at Siemens called?"

"Say, after nine months at the company, will you come running out of the building yelling, I'm a boy, I'm a boy!! ?"

"Say, I was thinking. You're still S(i)emen, right? So, don't you suffer from a sexual identity crisis? I mean, are you male or female, that kind of stuff?"

(grim-facedly)Remarkably funny though this is, after a while, it does tend to get repetitious. Especially if your friends greet you everyday with, "Hello, S(i)emen boy!!" (Of course, they don't say "Hello, S-I within parentheses-emen boy." Oh no, they're a vicious wolf-pack.)

I'm also doing my final-year project(yes, the big one) there. This has been monikered "seminal work."

So, if I'm thrown out, will it be that the company was...giving itself a treat? Going solo? Playing a one-instrument symphony?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's NOT siemenal work. It's semenal work.

Arvind

PS: Who would *ever* make those kinds of jokes? Tsk, tsk.

Anonymous said...

Nodi, haasya.


Sandeep.

Arjun Sharma said...

Sari...

aravinda said...

ha ha...
s(I)emen boy..
nodi... adbuthavagidhe...